Matale often written as Mathale (pronounced Maathalé), is the largest town of the Matale District of the Central Province, of Sri Lanka. It is 142 kilometres (88 mi) from Colombo and near Kandy. Surrounding the town are the Knuckles Mountain Range, the foothills were called Wiltshire by the British. It is a mainly agricultural area, where tea, rubber, vegetable and spice cultivation dominate.
- Municipal Park & Rest House at the Center of the Town.
- The Weera Puranappu Monument.
- The Old Railway Station where the Railroad (completed in 1880) that starts from Colombo ends.
- Christ Church, Matale.
- The Hindu Kovil with its Theru Festival.
- The Old Clock Tower.
- The Anagarika Dharmapala monument.
- Nandamithra Ekanayake International Hockey Ground.
SHARE ON :